Oisin Murphy to join Sky Sports Racing for unparalleled Royal Ascot coverage
Sky Sports Racing is delighted to announce that as part of its coverage of Royal Ascot 2022, champion jockey and retained rider for Qatar Racing, Oisin Murphy, will join the team as a special guest pundit to offer expert analysis and opinion.
Murphy, who was leading jockey at Royal Ascot in 2021, will feature during Sky Sports Racing’s live afternoon coverage, as well as appearing on the channel’s Royal Ascot preview programming and in a course walk airing ahead of the famous five day meeting.
Pundit and analyst Kevin Blake will join a stellar on-course presenter team, led by Alex Hammond, for all five days. Hammond will present afternoon coverage alongside a roster of respected pundits including Blake, plus ex-Flat rider Freddy Tylicki and former champion jockey Seb Sanders. Jamie Lynch and Jim McGrath will offer expert analysis from the SkyPad, with Mick Fitzgerald, Leonna Mayor and Hayley Moore providing parade ring coverage, interviews and reaction.
Gina Bryce and Josh Apiafi will present a preview show each morning with reporters Mike Cattermole and Zoey Bird. The strong overseas aspect of Royal Ascot competition will be well represented by a number of overseas pundits including NBC’s Britney Eurton.
Other notable elements of Sky Sports Racing’s Royal Ascot coverage will include:
- Innovative technology – Flagship analysis tool the SkyPad will be on-site alongside Hi-Motion cameras to bring viewers as close as possible to the action. A new studio will also debut for 2022.
- Dedicated and global coverage – Sky Sports Racing will be the world leader in the volume of output from Royal Ascot, with 38 hours of live coverage broadcast from the track, supplemented by coverage on Sky Sports News with reporter David Craig. Live coverage will begin at 11am each day and will be beamed across the United States via NBC.
- Sustainable coverage – Sky Sports Racing’s coverage of Royal Ascot will be Albert Certified – the television industry standard for sustainable television production.
- Big name features – Specially shot features with star names including Frankie Dettori, William Haggas and Willie Carson will form part of Sky Sports Racing’s build-up, also available across At The Races and Sky Sports Racing’s digital and online platforms.
- Online coverage – A Royal Ascot microsite (attheraces.com/ascot) will include Sky Sports Racing ambassador Hollie Doyle’s exclusive blog, stable tours, preview content, free replays, race cards and expert tips.
“We are absolutely delighted to have both Oisin Murphy and Kevin Blake onboard as part of our coverage for Royal Ascot on Sky Sports Racing. The pair will join an exceptional presenter team, led by Alex Hammond, and will offer invaluable insight and opinion on all the big talking points throughout the week.
“Covering the world’s greatest flat meeting is an enormous privilege for Sky. As well as being supported by coverage on Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Racing will produce and distribute more coverage than any other broadcaster during the week, while keeping our coverage Albert Certified as part of Sky’s commitment to protecting the environment and achieving net zero by 2030.”
Sky Sports Racing is the UK’s largest, dedicated horseracing TV channel and is produced at Sky’s studios alongside all other Sky Sports channels.
Sky Sports Racing is available in 14 million multi-channel homes across the UK and Ireland at no extra cost to Sky and Virgin Media subscribers.
attheraces.com and the At The Races app form the UK and Ireland’s leading digital platform for horse racing and generate up to 13 million user sessions per month (Google Analytics).